- I traced a quarter onto construction paper and an empty cardboard cracker box I pulled out of our recycle bin and cut them out.
- I cut and bent a pipe cleaner in the shape of a “V” and hot glued it to the cardboard circle.
- I added glue on top and put the construction paper circle over it, sandwiching the pipe cleaner in the middle.
- Then I laid a pencil over the pipe cleaner and wrapped both ends around the pencil to make the squiggly antennae.
- All that was left to do was glue on some googly eyes and draw a smile.
Find this idea and loads of other great math activities listed on love2learn2day's Math Monday blog hop here.